Tuesday, 5 November 2013
ALMS – ZAKAAH AND SADAQAH
SAYINGS OF THE MESSENGER
THIRD PILLAR OF ISLAM
ALMS – ZAKAAH AND SADAQAH
(PARTICULAR ALMS GIVEN AWAY BY MUSLIMS @ 2-1/2 P.C. ON NET PROPERTY ESPACIALLY IN THE MONTH OF ZIQA’D)
42. Sayyidina Jabir (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
If anyone has paid Zakaah against his wealth then evil is distanced from it. (Tabaraani, Targheeb)
43. Sayyidina Hasan (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
Protect your wealth through Zakaah, treat your sick patients through Sadaqah and face the turmoil of difficulties through supplications and heartfelt pleas to Allah. (Marassel, Abu Dawood, Targheeb)
44. Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
If a person to whom Allah has given property does not pay Zakaah, his property will come to him on the Day of Resurrection as a bald snake with two black spots over its eyes. The snake will be put round this person’s neck and it will seize his jaws and say, “I am your property, I am your treasure.” (Bukhari, Muslim, Targheeb)
45. Sayyidina Anas (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
On the Day of Resurrection, the rich will suffer much on account of the poor. The poor will say, “O Lord! You had imposed certain rights for us on these wealthy people but they oppressed us on account of that.” So, Allah will tell them, “By My Honour and Glory! I will draw you near (My Mercy) and distance them.” (Tabarani, Targheeb)
46. Sayyidina Buraydah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
If a people stop paying Zakaah, Allah causes them to suffer famine. (Tabarani, Targheeb)
47. Sayyidatina Asma’ bint Yazid (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ha)
If a woman wears on her neck a golden necklace (not paying Zakaah on it) then, on the Day of Resurrection, she will be made to wear a similar necklace made of fire. And, if a woman wears an ear-ring of gold (not paying Zakaah on it) then, on the Day of Resurrection, she will be made to wear a similar ear-ring made of fire. (Abu Dawood, Nasa’i, Targheeb)
48. Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
A man says often, “This is my property, my wealth.” In spite of that he only has three portions in his wealth:
· One of it he consumes and thus finishes it.
· Another he clothes himself and wears out.
· And the third stores (for his Hereafter by giving to the needy)
Anything beyond that will pass away from him and will go to other people. (Muslim, Targheeb)
49. Sayyidina Abu Kabsha Anmaari (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
I can affirm three things on oath:
· Sadaqah does not reduce anyone’s wealth.
· If anyone is oppressed and he faces it with patience then Allah causes him to increase in honour.
· And, if anyone begins to beg (of men) then Allah opens the door of poverty on him.(Tabarani, Targheeb)
50. Sayyidina ‘Amr bin ‘Awf (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
The Sadaqah paid by a Muslim prolongs his life and protects him from painful death. Allah removes from him pride and arrogance.(Tabarani, Targheeb)
51. Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
One dirham overtook one hundred thousand dirhams.
Someone asked; “How’s that, Messenger of Allah? (Peace Be upon Him)
He said; “Someone had much property out of which he gave away a hundred thousand dirhams in Sadaqah but another person had two dirhams out of which he gave away one dirham in Sadaqah. (Nasa’i, Targheeb)
52. Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
The best Sadaqah is one that leaves the giver independent (that is, after paying it the giver has enough money with himself to look after his needs). The upper hand is better than the lower. Let those under your care be the first on whom you spend in the way of Allah. (Ibn Majah, Targheeb)
53. Sayyidina Salmaan bin ‘Aamir (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
To give Sadaqah to a needy fetches a single reward and to give it to relative fetches two rewards-one against Sadaqah and the other against joining ties. (Nasa’i, Targheeb)
54. Sayyidina Abu Huraysah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
By Him who has sent Me with the Truth, on the Day of Resurrection, Allah will not punish him who is merciful to the orphan, talks to him gently, has pity on him because of his being an orphan and weak. Whatever plentiful Allah has given him. O Ummah of Muhammad! (Peace be upon Him) By Him who has sent Me with the Truth, Allah does not accept the Sadaqah of one whose relatives are deprived of his ties while he gives Sadaqah to other people. By Him in whose hands lies my life. Allah will not cast a merciful glance on such a person on the Day of Resurrection. (Tabarani, Targheeb)
Quran Chapter 14 – 26 & 27 (Pt-13, Stg-3) (L-1632) - درس قرآن Wrongdoers are sent astray Surah ‘Ibraahiim (Abr...
LESSON # 408 FROM HOLY QUR’AN Correction On Account Of Disbelief Surah ‘Aali ‘Imran (The Family Of ‘Imran, Chapter - 3) Verse –112b ...
Quran Chptr 10-75 (Pt-11, Stg-3) (L–1310) - درس قرآن Refractoriness of the people of Egypt Surah YUUNUS - 10 (JONAH) ...
Quran Chptr 10-32&33 (Pt-11, Stg-3) (L–1274) - درس قرآن Turning away from straight path Surah YUUNUS - 10 (JONAH) ...