38. Then Zachariah prayed unto his Lord and said: My Lord! Bestow upon me of Thy Bounty goodly offspring. Lo! Thou art the Hearer of Prayer.
39. And the angels called to him as he stood praying in the sanctuary: Allah giveth thee glad tidings of (a son whose name is) John, (who cometh) to confirm a Word from Allah, lordly, chaste, a Prophet of the righteous.
38. Hunaalika da-‘aa Zakariyyaa Rabbah. Qaala Rabbi hablii mil-ladunka zurriyyatan- tayyibah. ‘Innaka Samii-‘ud-duaaa’.
39. Fanaadat-hul-malaaa-‘ikatu wa huwa qaaa-‘imuny-yusallii fil- Mihraabi- ‘annallaaha yubash-shiruka bi-Yahyaa musaddiqam-bi-Kalimatim-minallaahi wa sayyidanw-wa hasuuranw-wa Nabiyyam-minas-saalihiin.
Sunday, 11 May 2014
Prayer For A Son By Zachariah
LESSON # 352 FROM HOLY QUR’AN
Prayer For A Son By Zachariah
Surah ‘Aali ‘Imran (The Family Of ‘Imran, Chapter - 3)
Verse – 38 & 39 of 200, Section –4 (Part – 3)
Prophet Zachariah (peace be upon him) used to grieve in heart looking at the condition of His (peace be upon Him) nation and think, “Nobody seems to be the Heir of that Knowledge of Prophet-hood which is a specified thing of the family of Prophet Abraham (peace be upon Him) in the entire nation at this time. Will these people be deprived from it after Me (peace be upon Him)?” He had no child in his house. His wife was barren and he had become old. He (peace be upon Him) used to pray always, “O Allah! Appoint someone heir of my knowledge”.
Prayer of Prophet Zachariah (peace be upon him) was accepted. One day he (peace be upon him) was standing in His (peace be upon Him) sanctuary for worship of Allah Almighty. An angel (peace be upon him) called him and told, “Allah Almighty gives you glad tidings of (a son whose name is) John.” The Angel (peace be upon him) of Allah Almighty also described following characteristics of that blessed child:
· He (peace be upon him) will confirm and verify the Words from (orders of) Allah Almighty.
· He (peace be upon him) will be lordly and chaste.
· And he (peace be upon him) will be a Prophet of the righteous.
Transliteration in Roman Script & English Translation of Holy Qur’an written by Marmaduke; Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazar, Lahore and Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’an published By Idara Islah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated by Muhammad Sharif)
Crying unto saints and angels is useless - Quran Chapter 17 – 55 & 56 (Pt-15, Stg-4) (L-1817) درس قرآن
Quran Chapter 17 – 55 & 56 (Pt-15, Stg-4) (L-1817) درس قرآن Crying unto saints and angels is useless Surah Baniii ...
LESSON # 408 FROM HOLY QUR’AN Correction On Account Of Disbelief Surah ‘Aali ‘Imran (The Family Of ‘Imran, Chapter - 3) Verse –112b ...
LESSON # 281 FROM HOLY QUR’AN Re-Marriage - Messaging For BAQARAH – 2 (The Cow) Verse – 235 of 286, Section – 30 (Part - 2) ...
Quran Chapter 11 -120 to 122 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1428) - درس قرآن An exhortation and a reminder Surah Huud ( Hud ) - 11 ...