16. Those who say: Our Lord! Lo! we believe, so forgive us our sins and guard us from the punishment of Fire.
17. The steadfast, and the truthful, and the obedient, and those who spend (and hoard not), and those who pray for pardon in the watches of the night.
16. ‘Allaziina yaquuluuna Rabbaanaaa ‘innanaaa ‘aamannaa- fagfir-lanaa zunuubanaa wa qinaa ‘azaaban-Naar.
17. ‘As-Saabiriina was-Saadi-qiina wal- Qaanitiina wal-Munfiqiina wal-Mustagfiriina bil- ‘as-haar.
Friday, 2 May 2014
Good Manners Of The Pious
LESSON # 336 FROM HOLY QUR’AN
Good Manners Of The Pious
Surah ‘Aali ‘Imran (The Family Of ‘Imran, Chapter - 3)
Verse – 16 & 17 of 200, Section –2 (Part – 3)
bil- ‘as-haar – (in the watches of the night), Sahar is the time when darkness of night mingles with the light of dawn. This last part of night has the characteristic that particularly this time is the time for satisfying and awakening of the spiritual powers, although it is difficult for oneself to awake at that time.
Virtues of those people have been described in the verse who were called the pious persons and “those who keep away from evil, with their Lord, are Gardens underneath which rivers flow wherein they will abide for ever, and pure companions, and goodwill of Allah”. These good manners are appended below:
1. These people use to become pattern of humility and meekness instead of being proud and arrogance on their piety and sobriety. They always pray from Allah, “O Lord, forgive our sins and save us from the Fire of Hell”.
2. These people remain in patience. Whenever they are put in an exam, they beg from Allah Almighty to bestow them constancy and steadfastness.
3. These people are honest in their sayings, heart and intentions. They are pure in matters, straightforward, abstinent from lie, deceit and hypocrisy.
4. They remain stick to obey the commands of Allah Almighty despite undergoing through very hardships; avoid committing evils and hating from wrong acts and sins.
5. They spend from the wealth given by Allah Almighty on His determined times, do not be stingy and miser. They take part actively in charitable donations and do not waste any situation of goodness.
6. They pray for pardon of their sins and errors from their Lord awakening in the last part of night. That is to say; they spend last part of night in worship and likewise they remain seekers of forgiveness of sins sincerely.
We should try to create these qualities inside ourselves so that we may also join the pious people and could deserve blessings of Allah Almighty.
Transliteration in Roman Script & English Translation of Holy Qur’an written by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazar, Lahore and Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’an published By Idara Islah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated by Muhammad Sharif)
Quran Chapter 14 – 4 (Pt-13, Stg-3) (L-1611) - درس قرآن God sends whom He will astray Surah ‘Ibraahiim (Abraham) -...
LESSON # 408 FROM HOLY QUR’AN Correction On Account Of Disbelief Surah ‘Aali ‘Imran (The Family Of ‘Imran, Chapter - 3) Verse –112b ...
Quran Chptr 10-75 (Pt-11, Stg-3) (L–1310) - درس قرآن Refractoriness of the people of Egypt Surah YUUNUS - 10 (JONAH) ...
Quran Chptr 10-32&33 (Pt-11, Stg-3) (L–1274) - درس قرآن Turning away from straight path Surah YUUNUS - 10 (JONAH) ...