278. O ye who believe! Observe your duty to Allah, and give up what remaineth (due to you) from usury, if ye are (in truth) believers.
279. And if ye do not do so, then be warned of war (against you) from Allah and His Messenger. And if ye repent, then ye have your principal (without interest). Wrong not, and ye shall not be wronged.
278. Yaaa- ‘ayyuhallaziina ‘aa-manut-taqullaaha wa zaruu maa baqiya minar-Ribaaa ‘in-kuntum- Mu’-miniin.
279. Fa- ‘illam taf- ‘aluu fa’-zanuu bi-harbim-minallaahi wa Rasuulih. Wa ‘in- tubtum fa-lakum ru- ‘uusu ‘amwaalikum. Laatazlimuuna wa laa tuzlamuun.
Saturday, 19 April 2014
Give Up Usury
LESSON # 319 FROM HOLY QUR’AN
Give Up Usury
BAQARAH – 2 (The Cow)
Verse –278 & 279 of 286, Section –38 (Part - 3)
maa baqiya – (that which remained), it means that, the usury you have received before this order, that is forgiven. After that, you will not recover usury in future. You will be able to get the principal only.
Harbun – (war), warning of war against Usurers from Allah and His Messenger (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon him) means that they should be included in the list of enemies of Islam.
ru- ‘uusu ‘amwaalikum – (your principal (without interest), it is also called capital and a principal sum.
Following orders have been delivered in these verses:
1. The interest, you have taken before its prohibition that is enough. But, give up that, which has increased after the restriction of usury.
2. If you do not do so, then be warned of war (against you) from Allah and His Messenger (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon him). You will be treated just like the rebels and renegades.
3. It will be tyranny also if you demand the increased usury after its prohibition.
4. If the indebted person deducts that sum of interest at the time of returning the principal, which you have already taken, then it will be violence.
5. Do not demand the principal sum immediately, if the indebted person is very poor. However, give him some time so that he may be able to return the principal sum.
Now imagine; how much severely the usury has been forbidden? After so clear orders, if any person publishes any form of lawfulness about the interest/usury and does not refrain from the business of interest, then think, “Is he not rebel of Allah Almighty and His Messenger (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon him)?
Crying unto saints and angels is useless - Quran Chapter 17 – 55 & 56 (Pt-15, Stg-4) (L-1817) درس قرآن
Quran Chapter 17 – 55 & 56 (Pt-15, Stg-4) (L-1817) درس قرآن Crying unto saints and angels is useless Surah Baniii ...
LESSON # 408 FROM HOLY QUR’AN Correction On Account Of Disbelief Surah ‘Aali ‘Imran (The Family Of ‘Imran, Chapter - 3) Verse –112b ...
LESSON # 281 FROM HOLY QUR’AN Re-Marriage - Messaging For BAQARAH – 2 (The Cow) Verse – 235 of 286, Section – 30 (Part - 2) ...
Quran Chapter 11 -120 to 122 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1428) - درس قرآن An exhortation and a reminder Surah Huud ( Hud ) - 11 ...