Bringing To Life To The Dead
LESSON # 305 FROM HOLY QUR’AN
Bringing To Life To The Dead
BAQARAH – 2 (The Cow)
Verse – 260 of 286, Section –35 (Part - 3)
And when Abraham said (unto his Lord): My Lord! Show me how Thou givest life to the dead! He said: Dost thou not believe? Abraham said: Yea, but (I ask) in order that my heart may be at ease. (His Lord) said: Take four of the birds and cause them to incline unto thee, then place a part of them on each hill, then call them, they will come to thee in haste. And know that Allah is Mighty, Wise.
Wa ‘Iz qaala ‘Ibrahiimu Rabbi ‘arinii kayfa tuh-yil-mawtaa. Qaala ‘awa lam tu’-min. Qaala balaa wa laakilli-yatma-‘inna qalbii. Qaala fakhuz ‘arba- ‘atam-minat-tayri fasur- hunna ‘ilayka summaj- ‘al ‘alaa kulli jabalim-min-hunna juz- ‘an- summad- ‘u-hunnna ya’-tii-naka sa’-yaa. Wa’-lam ‘annal-laaha ‘Aziizun Hakiim.
Kayfa – (how), here it is clear that Prophet Abraham did not expose his doubt on becoming alive of the dead, but he asked only that in which special condition will they be brought back to life. What the particular method would be adopted to give them life again?
min-hunna juz- ‘an – (a part of their (the birds’) bodies each), that is to say; pieces from the mixed minced-meat of those four birds.
Oneness of God and Belief in the Doomsday are those two realities, on which Foundation of Islam has been established. The person who believes in the Oneness of God Almighty can never go astray and the believer of life after death watches valid on his actions always, and tries to care and abstain from the sin and evil completely. In fact each Believer has complete faith in the life after death and the Day of Resurrection, like this Abraham (peace be upon him) had also complete faith. However, he (peace be upon him) questioned from Allah Almighty for the purpose of observation that how He gives life after death. Allah Almighty asked, “Do you not believe in it? Abraham (peace be upon him) requested, “The faith is present even up to the level of Belief till now, of course I wish only that my heart may get more satisfaction after witnessing”.
Lord Almighty told the Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him): “Take four of the birds and cause them to incline with you so that acquaintance may remain, then mix their minced meat after slaughtering, then place pieces of that mixed minced meat of all those four birds on each hill, then call them by name staying in the centre, they will come to you in haste”. Abraham (peace be upon him) did so. When he called one of the birds, the pieces of the body of that bird assembled mutually themselves from the hills and becoming in the shape of living bird they reached near Abraham (peace be upon him). Like this all the four birds came back to life and came running near him (peace be upon him).
Some full of philosophy advices have been declared from this lesson, which are as under:
· The observations which are seen by accepted servants of God Almighty, their belief and faith increases with them.
· Type of question which was asked by Abraham (peace be upon him), these types of questions don’t grow due to disbelief, but in their depth passion of goodness and research is driven.
· Satisfaction of the heart is produced due to increase in faith.
· It should not be taken as impossible the coming back to life of the birds and their coming to Abraham (peace be upon him) in haste on his call. Here we discuss about a little example. Suppose! If thin pieces of iron, copper, brass and gold are kept duly mutually mixed as four different piles separately, and then magnet is put in their centre, you will see that the pieces of iron will be drawn towards magnet being separate from the four piles. Like this magnet power was held in the voice of Abraham (peace be upon him). Which bird was called by him, that bird came running toward him. Our aim from this example is that the Miracles like this are not impossible from the power of Allah Almighty.
· Allah Almighty is Able to do all things. Nothing is impossible near to Him.
· His each order and work depends on any Wisdom.
The subject which had begun from the ‘Aayat-ul-Kursii, that ends on this verse.
Transliteration in Roman Script & English Translation of Holy Qur’an written by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazar, Lahore and Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’an published By Idara Islah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated by Muhammad Sharif)