Muslims should not think about temporary worldly benefits
Lesson # 1024 from Noble Quran
Surah ‘ANFAAL (SPOILS OF WAR) – Chapter – 8)
Stage – 2, Verses – 68 & 69 of 75, Section – 9 of 10 (Part - 10)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
68. Had it not been for an ordinance of Allah which had gone before, an awful doom had come upon you on account of what ye took.
69. Now enjoy what ye have won, as lawful and good, and keep your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
68. Law-laa kitaabum-mi-nAllaahi sabaqa lamassakum fiimaaa ‘akhaztum ‘azaabun ‘aziim.
69. Fakuluu mimmaa ganimtum halaalan tayyibaa. WattaqUllaah. ‘InnAllaaha Gafuurur-Rahiim.
It was explained earlier that Muslims should not think about temporary benefits of the world, but they should meditate about its result before doing every work. If the people of Makkah had won against Islam, it would be meant that the freedom of the power of human’s thinking would be crushed. Practical consequence of which would be that whosoever desired, had chosen the tenet of operating others with force; by collecting apparent power, own disciples and followers, wealth and riches, war equipment and munitions etc. and the Peace would have been lost from the world. And only this pastime would have prevailed that everyone had to think about other people and keep them under own influence.
But God Almighty finalized this decision in the Holy Qur’an that you should ruin the enemies of the freedom of human conscience. Being kind on them is just like destroying the humanity and introducing the law of bestiality.
God Almighty commands in this verse that freeing the captives after getting ransom was too much big mistake at such occasion that a very stern torment could come, because concession with those who break the principles of human nature; is a strong reason of mandatory punishment. If the anguish has not come, then its reason is that Allah Almighty has already decided. And those decisions have been hindering at this time against the anguish from God Almighty, which are as under:
· This favor with the captives was not shown intentionally, because Allah Almighty had not commanded about it clearly that after getting ransom; freeing the captives is forbidden. So, it was an error during diligence; and there is no punishment due to error in diligence.
· The torment will not be sent in the presence of the Messenger of God Almighty (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him).
· The anguish will not come upon those people who beg pardon of God Almighty.
The Muslims were afraid of so much big menace and considered that they should not touch the wealth; which they received as ransom. Therefore, next; it is commanded: This error was not committed intentionally, so it is forgiven. That is good and lawful for you which you have already taken. Use it as you wish; and keep your duty to Allah Almighty in future. Have fear of God’s wrath. Beg pardon of Allah Almighty for that error which you have committed unknowingly. Be hopeful of the Mercy of God Almighty and believe that He forgives the sins and errors of those who repent and ask for His Mercy. And He bestows His blessing on His obedient servants.