Wednesday 18 September 2019

Moses was directed to go unto Pharaoh’s folk - Quran Chapter 26: 10 to 13 (Pt-19, Stg-5) (L-2315) درس قرآن


Quran Chapter 26: 10 to 13 (Pt-19, Stg-5) (L-2315) درس قرآن

Moses was directed to go unto Pharaoh’s folk

Chapter Shu-‘araaa’”- (The Poets) - 26

‘A-‘uu-zu  Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
 (I seek refuge in Allaah from Satan the outcast)

Bis-Millaahir-Rah-maanir-Rahiim.

(In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful)
                                                           
وَإِذْ نَادَىٰ رَبُّكَ مُوسَىٰٓ أَنِ ٱئْتِ ٱلْقَوْمَ ٱلظَّٰلِمِينَ 10  قَوْمَ فِرْعَوْنَ أَلَا يَتَّقُونَ 11  قَالَ رَبِّ إِنِّىٓ أَخَافُ أَن يُكَذِّبُونِ 12  وَيَضِيقُ صَدْرِى وَلَا يَنطَلِقُ لِسَانِى فَأَرْسِلْ إِلَىٰ هَٰرُونَ 13  
10.  And when thy Lord called Moses, saying: Go unto the wrongdoing folk.

11.  The folk of Pharaoh. Will they not ward off (evil)?

12.  He said: My Lord! Lo! I fear that they will deny me.

13.  And my heart straitens and my tongue speaks not plainly, therefore send for Aaron (to help me).
10.  Wa  ‘iz  naadaa  Rabbuka  Muusaaa  ‘ani’-til-qawmaz-zaalimiin.

11.  Qawma  Fir-‘awn.  ‘Alaa  yattaquun.

12.  Qaala  Rabbi  ‘inniii  ‘akhaafu  ‘any-yukazzibuun.

13.  Wa  yaziiqu  sadrii  wa  laa  yantaliqu  lisaanii  fa-arsil  ‘ilaa  Haaruun.

Commentary

Actually the words yattaquuna {they fear, ward off (evil)} and yukazzibuuna (they deny me) are yattaquunii and yukazzibuunii. Due to stopping (waqf), the last “ii” of the both words were dropped which means “from me” and “me” respectively.

The first Portent from which, Power of Allaah Almighty can be known, is “growing of all sorts and kinds of things from the earth and appearing before the eyes of the mankind”. After drawing attention toward this side, now circumstances of ancient folks are being explained, so that the human beings may learn a lesson from their stories, do not reject the Prophets (peace be upon them) of Allaah Almighty and His Scriptures; considering them an ordinary thing. They should understand Their importance and estimate the Power of Allaah Almighty and His Mercy by Them.

It is commanded: Remember the Time when Allaah Almighty appointed Moses (peace be upon him) as His Messenger by His Mercy, called him on the Mount Sinai and commanded him directly: Go and convey My Message to a rebellious folk, which is called the folk of Pharaoh. Their condition is astonishing. Refractoriness has increased into them. It is very strange that they do neither fear Me and nor My Wrath.

After listening to the commandment of Allaah Almighty, Moses (peace be upon him) requested: O my Lord! I am ready to comply with Your Commandment most heartily. But I fear that they will say me a liar immediately and there will be no friend and supporter of mine along with me, lest I suffer such shock that my breath begin to be suffocated and my tongue may not speak any word. Therefore, I pray that my brother Aaron may kindly be appointed as a Prophet also and permitted to go with me for my help.

Transliterated Holy Qur’aan in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif). https://youtu.be/F-kGXTay4ts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentary on Last Scripture

  Commentary on Last Scripture Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons from Chapters: 1.’Al -Faatiha...