Jesus (peace be upon Him) is alive
Lesson # 666 From Holy Qur’aan
Jesus (peace be upon Him) is alive
‘Al-Maaa-‘idah (the Table Spread) – Chapter – 5)–Stage - 2
Verses –110 & 111 of 120, Section – 15 of 16 (Part - 7)
In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
110. When Allaah will say: O Jesus son of Mary! Remember My favour unto Thee and unto Thy Mother. How I strengthened Thee with the Holy Spirit, so that Thou spakest unto mankind in the cradle as well as in the age of maturity; and how I taught Thee the Scripture and Wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel; and how Thou didst shape of clay as it were the likeness of a bird by My permission, and didst blow upon it and it was a bird by My Permission, and Thou didst heal him who was born blind and the leper by My permission; and how Thou didst raise the dead by My permission; and how I restrained the Children of Israel from (harming) Thee when Thou camest unto them with clear proofs, and those of them who disbelieved exclaimed: This is naught else than evident magic.
111. And when I inspired the disciples, (saying): Believe in Me and My Messenger, they said: We believe and bear witness that we have surrendered (unto Thee).
110. ‘Iz qaa-lAllaahu yaa-‘Iisabna Mar-yamazkur ni’-maTii ‘alayka wa ‘alaa waalidatik. ‘Iz ‘Ay-yattuka bi-Ruuhil-Qudus. Tukalli-munnaasa fil-mahdi wa kahlaa. Wa ‘iz ‘Allam-tukal-Kitaaba wal-Hikmata wat-Tawraata wal-‘Injiil. Wa ‘iz takhluqu minat-tiini ka-hay-‘atit-tayri bi-‘izNii fatanfukhu fiihaa fatakuunu tayram- bi-‘izNii wa tubri-‘ul- ‘akmahaa wal-‘abrasa bi-‘izNii. Wa ‘iz tukhrijul-mawtaa bi-‘izNii. Wa ‘iz kafaftu Baniii- ‘Israaa-‘iila ‘anka ‘iz ji’-tahum- bil-bayyi-naati faqaalal-laziina kafaruu minhum ‘in haazaaa ‘illaa sihrum-mubiin.
111. Wa ‘iz ‘aw-haytu ‘ilal-Hawaa-riy-yiina ‘an ‘aaminuu Bii wa bi-Rasuulii. Qaaluuu ‘aamannaa wash-had bi-‘annanaa Musli-muun.
The importance of the Day of Resurrection was informed in the previous lesson, and need of fearing from that Day and keeping up the preparedness for it was manifested in such a manner that the Messengers (peace be upon Them) will also be asked: What response you received from Your nations?
From today’s verse, the description regarding the Messengers, particularly Jesus (peace be upon Them) begins, because the Jews troubled Him (peace be upon Him) very much. Whereas, the Christians promoted His (peace be upon Him) rank so much that they use to say Him the son of God. So, His (peace be upon Him) virtues and specialties have been mentioned in this whole section, and told about Him that He (peace be upon Him) was pure from all those badness, which the Jews used to publicize about Him (peace be upon Him).
After that, another question and its reply, which will be given by them, has been described, so that the Christians may know that Jesus Christ (peace be upon Him) is also a Servant of Allaah Almighty like other people, and they should get admonishment from it and correct their deeds. The Messenger Jesus (peace be upon Him) will not be useful for them beside it. And their thinking “Jesus (peace be upon Him) has become expiation of our all sins and we shall never be punished” is entirely absurd and useless.
It is being commanded here, “Imagine that time when Allaah Almighty will say to the Jesus (peace be upon Him): O Jesus son of Mary! Remember My favor unto You and Your Mother. I appointed the Holy Spirit especially for Your help, You spoke with the people in the cradle as well as in the age of maturity You preached and advised them good”.
Allaah Almighty bestowed a lot of miracles to Jesus (peace be upon Him). One important miracle from those, was that quite during the primary days of His life i.e. immediate after the birth (in the cradle), He talked with the people to answer their questions and criticism against His Mother “Mary” (peace be upon Them) as well as in the age of maturity, preached and advised them by the permission of Allaah Almighty.
Then Allaah Almighty addresses: O Jesus (peace be upon Him)! Remember the time, when I bestowed You strength to understand the Scripture, the Secret Matters, the Wisdom, the Torah and the Gospel; and also remember that incident when You used to shape the clay as it were the likeness of a bird and blow upon it and it was a bird by My Permission, and remember it too when You used to heal him who was born blind and the leper by My permission and used to raise the dead by My permission.
Four virtues of Jesus Christ (peace be upon Him) have been described in this verse, which are called special miracles of Jesus (peace be upon Him):
1. He (peace be upon Him) used to shape of clay as it were the likeness of a bird, blow upon it and it was a bird alive and flying.
2. Used to heal him who was born blind and that was able to see everything.
3. Used to treat the leper.
4. Used to say the dead body, “Get up by the permission of Allaah” (Qum bi- ‘izNIllaah) and that was living.
Here Allaah Almighty has disclosed some more favors on Jesus (peace be upon Him) and says: It is also worth considering when You came unto the Children of Israel with clear proofs. Those of them who disbelieved exclaimed: This is naught else than evident magic. They used to say that the punishment of a magician is killing and had decided not to believe in You. But I restrained them from harming You (Jesus - peace be upon Him) because they had intended to slaughter You but they could not succeed in their intention because I elevated You upon the heaven.
After that, in such condition, while the enemies were all around and none liked to listen to Him (Jesus - peace be upon Him), Allaah Almighty says: I inspired some people to become Your friends and supporters. After inspiration they began to say, “We believed in Allaah and His Messenger (peace be upon Him) that They are True. O God! Be our Witness that we promise that we will remain Your and Your Messenger’s obedient certainly”. Those people were titled as Hawaarii (friends). At another place they were named as ‘Ansaar (the helpers of Allaah), as it is mentioned in a previous Chapter ‘Aali- ‘Imraan, and will come ahead in Chapter ‘As-Saf.
The description in respect of Messenger Jesus Christ (peace be upon Him) has passed in the beginning of Part -3, Chapter Baqarah, then in fifth and sixth Section of Chapter ‘Aali- ‘Imraan. Here entire mentioned matters have been gathered at one place. By reflecting upon which, the facts of the birth and miracles of Messenger Jesus (peace be upon Him) are cleared.