Friday 21 July 2017

God is my Protecting Guardian - Quran Chapter 12 – 101 (Pt-13, Stg-3) (L-1545) - درس قرآن


Quran Chapter 12  101 (Pt-13, Stg-3) (L-1545) - درس قرآن

God is my Protecting Guardian

Surah Yuusuf (Joseph) - 12

‘A-‘uu-zu  Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
(I seek refuge in God from Satan the outcast.)

Bis-Millaahir-Rah-maanir-Rahiim.

(In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful.)

رَبِّ قَدْ ءَاتَيْتَنِى مِنَٱلْمُلْكِ وَعَلَّمْتَنِى مِن تَأْوِيلِ ٱلْأَحَادِيثِ فَاطِرَ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضِ أَنتَ وَلِىِّۦ فِى ٱلدُّنْيَا وَٱلْءَاخِرَةِ تَوَفَّنِى مُسْلِمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِى بِٱلصَّٰلِحِينَ (101

101.  O my Lord! Thou hast given me (something) of sovereignty and hast taught me (something) of the interpretation of events – Creator of the heavens and the earth! Thou art my Protecting Guardian in the world and the Hereafter. Make me to die Muslim, and join me to the Righteous.  
101.  Rabbi  qad  ‘aatay-Tanii  minal-mulki  wa  ‘allam=Tanii  min-  ta’-wiilil-‘ahaadiis.  Faati-ras-samaa-waati  wal-‘arz. ‘Anta  Wa-liyyii  fid-dunyaa  wal- ‘Aakhirah. Ta-waffanii  Muslimanw-wa  ‘al-hiqnii  bis-Saali-hiin.    
   
Commentary

Although Prophet Joseph (peace be upon him) suffered in the beginning, but the end was good. It has been mentioned in the Explanations (Tafaasiir) that His brothers placed Him in the depth of the pit at the age of seventeen years. He (peace be upon him) remained away from His father for forty years. When Allah Almighty joined Him to His Father, Jacob (peace be upon him), then they all lived collectively in Egypt for twenty four years happily. After that, their Father Jacob (peace be upon him) departed.

After the death of His Father, Joseph (peace be upon them) enjoyed worldly life for twenty three years, then He (peace be upon him) thanked his Lord (God Almighty) and supplicated that: O my Lord! You have given me sovereignty in the world and taught me knowledge of the interpretation of the dreams. You bestowed me ability of understanding the matters correctly. Your Divine Power is very extensive. You created the heavens and the earth and supported them. You protected me in my all afflictions. You are also a Protecting Guardian of mine at both places (in the world and after death in the Hereafter). Beautify my futurity also as You beautified my life of this world. Make me to die as a Muslim, and join me to the people who are righteous.

The righteous servants of Allah Almighty do not forget their Creator during engagement in the worldly works. They bear in mind that actual life will begin after death. Prophets and Messengers (peace be upon them) used to pray also the same i.e. “Beautify our Hereafter and join us to the righteous on the Day of Resurrection”.  

Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif). https://youtu.be/zfQhLdABOEk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentary on Last Scripture

  Commentary on Last Scripture Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons from Chapters: 1.’Al -Faatiha...