4. They ask thee (O Muhammad) what is made lawful for them. Say: (all) good things are made lawful for you; and those beasts and birds of prey which ye have trained, ye teach them that which Allaah taught you; so eat of that which they catch for you and mention Allaah’s name upon it, and observe your duty to Allaah. Lo! Allaah is Swift to take account.
5. This day are (all) good things made lawful for you. And the food of those who have received the Scripture is lawful for you, and your food is lawful for them; and so are the virtuous women of the believers and the virtuous women of those who received the Scripture before you (lawful for you) when ye give them their dowries and take (them) in marriage, not in fornication, nor taking them as secret concubines. And whoso denieth the faith, his work is vain and he will be among the losers in the Hereafter.
4. Yas-‘aluunaka maa zaaa ‘uhilla lahum. Qul ‘uhilla lakumut-tayyi-baatu, wa maa ‘allamtum-minal-jawaarihi mukalli-biina tu-‘allimuuna-hunna mimmaa ‘al-lama-kumUllaah; fakuluu mim-maaa ‘amsakna ‘alaykum waz-kurus-mAllaahi ‘alayh. Watta-qUllaah. ‘InnAllaaha Sarii-‘ul-Hisaab.
5. ‘Al-yawma ‘uhilla lakumut-tayyibaat. Wa ta-‘aamul-laziina ‘uutul-Kitaaba hillul-lakum, wa ta-‘aamakum hillul-lahum. Wal-muh-sanaatu minal-mu’-minaati wal-muhsanaatu minal-laziina ‘uutul-Kitaaba min- qablikum ‘izaaa ‘aatay-tumuuhunna ‘ujuura-hunna muhsi-niina gayra musaafi-hiina wa laa muttakhiziii ‘akh-daan. Wa many-yakfur bil-‘iimaani faqad habita ‘amaluhuu wa huwa fil- ‘Aakhi-rati minal-khaa-siriin.
Sunday, 18 January 2015
Observe Your Duty to God, Who is Swift to Take Account
Lesson # 597 From Holy Qur’aan
Observe Your Duty to God, Who is Swift to Take Account
Surah Maaa-‘idah (the Table Spread) – Chapter – 5)
Verses – 4 & 5 of 120, Section – 1 of 16 (Part – 6)
In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Jawaarihi - (trained beasts and birds of prey). Those trained animals, which attack suddenly on the prey and seize it.
mukalli-biina – to let the trained beast or bird go upon the prey after showing it.
Tu-‘allimuuna – (you teach), it is from ta’-liim. Here it aims, “to teach any hunting beast or bird for catching the prey”.
‘At-tayyibaatu – (good things), it is plural of Tayyi-bah, the thing which is admitted as pure and clean, and from which the mind do not feel any disgust.
‘Al-muh-sanaatu – (the virtuous women, the chaste ladies), this word has come earlier in the beginning of Part five of the Holy Qur’aan and it is plural of Muh-sinah. Actually it has been derived from the word hissan, which means ‘the fort’. Muh-sinah is the woman, upon the chastity of which, nobody may attack. Therefore, the lady, who has husband, she is called Muh-sinah. These meanings are in accordance with Part five. Here, the object is, the women, who are safe either due to their fortune of good disposition, or they are under safe custody of their parents and other kindred. It is suitable to wed such chaste women, whether they are Muslims or belong to the People of the Scripture.
In the previous verse, forbidden things were expounded. Then some people asked, “What is lawful for us now? Moreover, whether the prey caught by hunting dog or hawk etc. is lawful for us or not?” This verse was revealed to reply them that except the forbidden things, all good things are made lawful for you. However, any unlawful method should not be used to acquire them like gambling, lottery or usury, because method of getting many good things makes them unlawful.
After that, following proper course of hunting the prey through hunting beasts and birds pointed out:
1. The hunting beast or bird should be taught properly for hunting, but it should keep the prey safe for you instead of eating the prey itself.
2. It should not run itself to catch the prey, but you should let it go to catch after showing the prey.
3. Mention the name of Allaah (recite BismIllaah) upon the hunting beast before letting it go to catch the prey. There is one more condition in addition to these i.e. the hunting beast should wound the prey, so that some blood of the prey may be flown, and if it does not wound the prey, then it is necessary to sacrifice the prey yourself. If the prey died before catching and you could not sacrifice it, then it has become polluted, forbidden and impure. It is compulsory to keep in mind that cause of letting everything go is fear of Allaah Almighty, therefore; you must observe your duty to Him. He is Swift to take account.
It has been directed that Islam has made lawful for you to eat and use of all pure animals and entire clean things. Meat of the animals will be lawful at that time, when that is sacrificed, mentioned the name of Allaah upon it before sacrifice and he should be Muslim, who sacrificed. However, the animal sacrificed by any Jew or Christian is also lawful for you as well as sacrificed by you is lawful for them.
After that, it is commanded that it is good to marry any Muslim chaste and virtuous woman and in such a manner it is also good to wed that woman, who is Jew or Christian but chaste and virtuous, and who abstains from the sins. Purpose of the marriage should be that the male and the female become fort of safety for each other after marriage.
Fornication and taking the women as secret concubines is prohibited. These are acts of animals and not proper for the human beings. In such a manner it will become difficult to live collectively for each other. Restriction of chastity in marriage is due to advisability; otherwise the marriage is lawful with anyone opposite kind of humankind (male with female and female with male only) except idolater and infidel, when you give them their dowries. Actual necessity is safety of Belief otherwise, acts are useless and you will be among the losers in the Hereafter.
Bringing Jacob’s tribe from desert to Egypt - Quran Chapter 12 – 100b (Pt-13, Stg-3) (L-1544) - درس قرآن
Quran Chapter 12 – 100b (Pt- 13 , Stg-3) (L-1544) - درس قرآن Bringing Jacob’s tribe from desert to Egypt Surah Yuusu...
LESSON # 408 FROM HOLY QUR’AN Correction On Account Of Disbelief Surah ‘Aali ‘Imran (The Family Of ‘Imran, Chapter - 3) Verse –112b ...
Quran Chptr 10-75 (Pt-11, Stg-3) (L–1310) - درس قرآن Refractoriness of the people of Egypt Surah YUUNUS - 10 (JONAH) ...
Quran Chptr 10-32&33 (Pt-11, Stg-3) (L–1274) - درس قرآن Turning away from straight path Surah YUUNUS - 10 (JONAH) ...