Friday 8 January 2016

Moses said: My Lord! Have mercy on me and my brother

Lesson # 926 from the Noble Quran

Moses said: My Lord! Have mercy on me and my brother

Surah ‘A’-RAAF (The Heights) – Chapter – 7)
 Stage – 2, Verses – 150b & 151 of 206, Section – 18 of 24 (Part - 9)
                                                                            
                             
BisMIllaahir-Rahmaanir-Rahiim    
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful

150b.  He said: Son of my mother! Lo! the folk did judge me weak and almost killed me. So make not mine enemies to triumph over me and place me not among the evildoers.

151.  He said: My Lord! Have mercy on me and on my brother; and bring us into Thy mercy and Thou art the Most Merciful of all who show mercy.              
150b.  Qaalabna-  ‘umma  ‘innal-qaw-mastaz-‘afuunii  wa  kaaduu  yaqtuluu-nanii.  Falaa  tushmit  bi-yal-‘a’-daaa-‘a  wa  laa  taj-‘alnii  ma-‘al-qawmiz-zaalimiin.

151.  Qaala  Rabbig-fir  lii  wa  li-‘akhii  wa  ‘ad-khilnaa  fii  RahmatiKa  wa  ‘Anta  ‘Arhamur-raahimiin.        
           
Lesson
                                                       
‘Astaz-‘afuunii – (they did judge me weak), it is past tense and its origin is ‘Astaz-‘aafun, which has been derived from za-‘afa. Za-‘afa means weakness. ‘Astaz-‘aafun means “to judge someone weak”.

Laa  tushmit – (make not to triumph over), it is a negative sentence and its origin is ‘ashmaat, which has been made from shamaatat. Shamaatat means “to be happy upon the trouble of any other”. ‘Ashmaat means “to provide an opportunity to someone to triumph over anyone”.

The Children of Israel desired to tease Aaron (peace be upon Him) themselves. Now, when they saw that Moses (peace be upon Him) was going to rebuke Him, they were happy. When Aaron (peace be upon Him) observed that Moses (peace be upon Him) was taunting Him before the entire people, He understood that Moses (peace be upon Him) was doubtful that Aaron (peace be upon Him) has committed negligence in His duty. Therefore, He explained before Him actual situation.

It is commanded that when Aaron (peace be upon Him) saw that Moses (peace be upon Him) was angry upon Him, He said: O Brother; son of My Mother! I do not deserve this reproof. Indeed, I was almost alone and I had not too much supporters and companions. Almost the whole nation was in one side. A weak personality can have no hearing. They suppressed us. Even that they threatened to kill us.

Aaron (peace be upon Him) said to Prophet Moses (peace be upon) that He told to His people: We have no choice but to be silent at this time. If we use force, infighting begins and the nation is divided. Then, because we are few in numbers, so the matter is dangerous. It is better that we should be patient until Prophet Moses (peace be upon Him) comes.

These people were already trying to humiliate Me (Aaron). Even You also enraged over Me at first after coming back. How much would be these people (who are Our enemies) being happy from this situation that it was Good; Aaron was being rebuked? Make not them to triumph over Me for God’s sake and do never think that I am or was among those evildoers. We learnt from this verse that we must avoid mischief and riot, and wait for a suitable opportunity for correction.  

Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentary on Last Scripture

  Commentary on Last Scripture Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons from Chapters: 1.’Al -Faatiha...